Fedora 18: Install with LVM on RAID 1

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jan 11 21:27:01 UTC 2013

Am 11.01.2013 22:20, schrieb David:
> On 1/11/2013 3:49 PM, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
>> On 2013-01-11 15:28, David wrote:
>>> I am sure that we will miss you.  :-P
>>
>> It's ok. I'll be back for F19.  Or maybe I'll be gone only long enough
>> until my need to upgrade over takes my unwillingness to kickstart a F18
>> install.
>>
>> In the meantime, I'm going to sit in the corner sulking!! Hrmph!
>>
>> Ranbir
>
> I am still not sure that I understand exactly what your problem with
> Fedora 18 is but I do know that much changed. A never ending learning
> curve.

* you buy new hardware
* you buy expensive hardware with a large amount of disks
* you want RAID/LVM on this new machine
* you buy expensive hardware because you plan to run it 5 years
* you want RAID/LVM because you plan never install from scratch

you simply can not do this by inserting a F18 install DVD without
RTFM about kickstart because the new Anaconda is not GA ready