[OT] posting and receiving post

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 13 22:24:55 UTC 2013

On 01/13/2013 09:19 PM, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
>>> My guess, "Technical Support List," but I hate having to guess at
>>> abbreviations and jargon.
>
> g:
>> was that a guess or actually a memory recall? ;)
>
> Educated guess.

well done.

> I can only guess at that the abbreviations might
> stand for, as the service manual makes no mention of them.  NOL may be
> normal output level, ROL could be reserve output level, and POL peak
> output levels.  But I don't really know.  Nor do I know what maximum
> transmission levels the station would have set back in the late 1960s,
> or early 1970s, in Australia, to confirm it that way, either.

i will give you another "A+". not because of any radio broadcast
experience on my part, but from knowing several radio station
engineers and having worked a lot in recording studios.

tho you may not be familiar with names of studios where i have done
service worked, they were sam phillips, sun, and stax. there were
3 more, but their names escape me.

this was in days of tubes and i learned real quick about cleaning
dust that had settled on systems.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,