enabling broadcom-wl on F17

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Tue Jan 15 03:20:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

I installed F17 from scratch on a Dell with one of those proprietary
wireless cards. I last installed Fedora ( would have been F14 or F15 on
this machine) more than a year ago. At that time, I had to install
broadcom-wl from rpmfusion (non-free) and wireless became accessible
from what I recall. But no such luck with installing broadcom-wl on
F17. Is there something additionally that has to be done beyond
installing broadcom-wl to enable wireless. Network Manager does not
even show the enable wireless button so I am thinking that something
else has to be turned on.

(For the record, there is a switch for wireless: turning it either way
has no effect.) I can provide the exact specs of the machine if
needed.

Many thanks,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional