Howto fedup?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 16:37:03 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 11:27 -0500, Neal Becker wrote:
> How do I use fedup to update f17->f18 (via net)?
>
> I tried:
> sudo fedup --network 18
> setting up repos...
> default-installrepo/metalink                             |  26 kB     00:00
> Could not parse metalink https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-
> install-18&arch=x86_64 error was
> No repomd file
> Error: can't get boot images.
> The installation repo isn't available.
> You need to specify one with --instrepo.

Same here. Note that the Fedup page says:

        If you're following these instructions before F18 goes GA
        (currently scheduled for 2013-01-15), you do need to use the
        --instrepo argument as shown here. You may also end up with many
        fc17 packages on your system after upgrade - this is not a bug
        with fedup but a side effect of the release process. Once F18
        goes GA, the updates repository will be available and this
        problem should go away.

It then gives this example:

sudo fedup-cli --network 18 --debuglog fedupdebug.log --instrepo http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/qa/fedup/f18-RC4/<arch>

(substituting for <arch>). This seems to work.

poc