f-18 scfolling -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jan 16 20:54:12 UTC 2013

    Something has happened to the ability to scroll smoothly in
    Thunderbird since upgrading two computers to F-18/64/XFCE. In the
    past there has been a spot at the top and bottom of the scroll bar
    where you could increment the scroll gradually. That is no longer
    there in Thunderbird or Firefox. In the case of one directory in
    Thunderbird where I have 6400 e-mail messages I can scroll using the
    button but moving it about 5cm on the screen goes through all 6400
    messages in the list, hardly fine grained!

    This computer was upgraded from F-17 via "fedup' while the other one
    was simply yum updated from F-18 beta. Both have the same scrolling
    affliction.

    Have I done something wrong?

    Bob

    --