f-18 scfolling -

Dale Dellutri daledellutri at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:12:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
<bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
> On 17/01/13 07:57, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>
>> With GTK based apps I use the right mouse-button to page up/down,
>> the mouse-wheel to scroll up/down in small steps, and the left
>> mouse-button to position the slider freely. That's not specific
>> to GNOME.
>>
>> --
>

>    We are a family of track ball users, I have three on my desk. They
>    have no "scroll wheel," but some have four buttons, none of which
>    seem to improve the rate of scrolling. I press the right button and
>    move the slider with the ball just as you do with the wheel I
>    believe but on a large list moving about the slide one centimeter
>    goes through five or six hundred messages, even lists of 150 are
>    hard to deal with at that rate.
>
>    What appears to be specific to F-18, and Gnome I guess, I've used
>    XFCE only for a long time, is that the scroll buttons are missing
>    and I wonder why? I know F-18 is what it is and my complaining wont
>    change it ...

When I first started with Xfce, I was unhappy with the response of my
laptop's touchpad.  After much research, I found that I had to add
a file 10-touchpad.conf to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ as follows (between
the ====='s below).  Perhaps you need something similar for your
track balls.

=====
# See: