Switch to KDE on Fedora 18

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 01:29:52 UTC 2013

On 1/19/2013 6:40 PM, Michael Eager wrote:
> On 01/19/2013 01:00 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 01/19/2013 12:44 PM, Michael Eager wrote:
>>> I just installed F18 from the live CD.  I'm trying to install and
>>> switch to KDE.
>>>
>>> If I enter "switchdesk kde", I get a message saying to run "yum
>>> groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)". Yum says that Group
>>> KDE does not exist.
>>>
>>> Other than re-installing from the F18-Live-KDE CD, how can I
>>> switch desktops?
>>>

>> Your question contains its own answer.  As root, use yum to
>> install KDE the way the message tells you to.
>
> My message also contained the response from yum, that Group KDE does
> not exist.

Ordinary users, not techs or devs,  are trying to help you. Smart A$$
replies to them will not help you solve your situation.

For example? I know exactly how to solve your situation. Really simply.
Really easily. My answer? After your Smart A$$ replies?

Crickets. Silence.

Be nice and I will give you the answer. Else?

Have a nice day. I gone.

--

  David