Totem problems following FedUp upgrade

Shibi zzgraph at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 10:50:19 UTC 2013

Actually the package which you were looking for is

gstreamer1-libav

which is I think pretty exclusive to Fedora 18, I don't think reinstalling
any of gstreamer-plugins could do the trick for you.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:21:22 +0000, Dave Cross wrote:
>
> > > Reinstalling gstreamer1-plugins-base and gstreamer1-plugins-good (both
> > > packages from Fedora) is very unlikely to fix decoding of MPEG and MP3.
> >
> > I was dubious too. But it worked. I think it was something to do with
> > forcing the plugins to be registered.
>
> That registry is local to your user's account. :)
> You can simply delete it instead of reinstalling packages:
>
>   rm $HOME/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry*
>
> The next time a GStreamer1 based program is run, the registry will be
> recreated. Alternatively, there are the command-line tools that trigger
> a rebuild of the registry too, e.g. gst-inspect-1.0, gst-launch-1.0, or:
>
>   $ cd ~/Videos
>   $ gst-typefind-1.0 DSCN0762.MOV
>   DSCN0762.MOV - video/quicktime
>
> For GStreamer 0.x, the registry is in $HOME/.gstreamer-0.10/
>
> --
> Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.7.2-204.fc18.x86_64
> loadavg: 0.00 0.01 0.05
> --

Shahab Shahsavari Alavidjeh
شهاب شهسواری علویجه
ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
Weblog: http://piamak.wordpress.com
<http://piamak.wordpress.com>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/zzgraph <http://twitter.com/zzgraph>