Missing Functionality in New Anaconda

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Jan 23 19:10:38 UTC 2013

Am 23.01.2013 20:00, schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
> Actually there is a LOT in the /home/user directory that can be version specific.  All those dot directories.  From
> F15 to F16 for gnome 2 to 3 would have been VERY painful.

well but this is still there after a new install and restore data
or with /home untouched

> I rsync all my data to an external drive, do a total install.  Make sure it is working.  Install other stuff I
> want, THEN rsync the data back.  I guess I got burned some time ago on this and once burned...

i made some hundret upgardes with yum, all of them succesfull
i made 3 upgrades with DVD, 2 of them did not boot

i made one with preupgrade, failed and after upgrade again with
DVD more work than ever

so for me upgrades with YUM are since FC3 the best option and
anaconda is only touched on new machines where i have no
compareable because of disk sizes layout to dd-dump over ssh
or simp,ly pull out a RAID-disk and resync existing and new
machine

the time i spent with 3 fresh upgrades to have my RAID-disk-layout
as i want it or even was not possible to have /boot as first
partition on all 4 drives i make 5 dist-upgrades with YUM