a list of Fedora 18 package names?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 05:03:05 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> It isn't uncommon for people to ask for a particular solution to a more
> general problem, which is better off being solved a different way. Knowing
> why someone wants a particular solution can lead to being able to provide
> them a better solution to their actual problem.

Since you are so interested, what I wanted to do is compare packages,
using creative greping and regexps to find what packages Fedora
includes that Ubuntu does not, and vice versa, after stripping the
lists of version numbers.

The plan was also to have some programming fun parsing such lists with
a Java program built using NetRexx.

But 19 messages after the original post, I´m still answering why I
want to obtain such list, instead of saying ´thank you´ to whoever
might have provided it.

I´ll now have to wait until I get the power supply of my F17 box back
(an Opteron 2216), to boot F17 and do it myself.

I´m stuck in the meantime with a netbook running winblows.
FC