Sound gone from yum upgrade from F17->F18

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri Jan 25 01:57:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:41:57 -0800 Rick Stevens <ricks at alldigital.com>
wrote:

> On 01/24/2013 05:32 PM, Ranjan Maitra issued this missive:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I did an upgrade using:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_17_-.3E_Fedora_18
> >
> > and it was generally smooth and successful, which generally made me
> > ecstatic, until the two issues (from what I can tell up to now) came up:
> >

> > 1. Sound is gone. I have looked around all over, but am
> > unable to figure out what the problem is.
>
> Have you checked to see if the pulseaudio daemon is running? It's
> possible your desktop environment isn't starting it as part of the
> session startup.

I don't quite know how to check this, (sorry!) but when I do this:

$ pulseaudio
E: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Daemon already running.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: pa_pid_file_create() failed.

which tells me it is running, right?

Anything else I should check?

> > 2. SELinux: My SELinux claims it is disabled. Here is what happens when
> > I try to change it:
> >
> > $sudo setenforce 1
> > [sudo] password for:
> > setenforce: SELinux is disabled
>
> Check the /etc/selinux/config file and see if you have it disabled
> there.

Yes, I found this online immediately after sending e-mail and got this
working upon reboot....Thanks for this also!!

Best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional