Apache 2.4 and mod_proxy problem

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.net
Sun Jan 27 09:55:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

Before upgrading to Fedora 18, I had IIS in a VM serving pages via Apache and mod_proxy. All was good and lovely. Post and get requests all worked.
I upgraded. Now, post requests above a certain size fail.

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8891/ connectiontimeout=5 timeout=30 Keepalive=On
ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8891/

Tried setting:

SetEnv proxy-sendchunked 0
SetEnv proxy-sendcl 1

All that happens is that the proxy server replies with:

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request POST /test.

and in WindowsLand, the w3wp process that tried to receive the POST request is stuck at 100% CPU and needs killing.

I'm at a complete loss with this. Have any default behaviours changed in mod_proxy? It seems to me that if a complete request is bigger than a packet, it fails, but small requests work fine, possibly?

Making the request direct to IIS works.

And the really frustrating thing is that this all worked with the exact same setup before I upgraded to F18 and I can't find a list of what changed in mod_proxy between 2.2 and 2.4...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,

Scott