iptables bug? (Was RE: F18: post-friday updates + ssh ports + iptables)

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Jan 28 23:47:50 UTC 2013

OK, I believe this is a bug (or a feature I can not fathom)....

I reboot the machine, and lose access to the ssh port. Restarting iptables fixes the problem. This is problematic because the machine can not be rebooted remotely to obtain access remotely.

Is this a bug, or a new feature? What should this be filed against?

This only started after last Friday's updates.

Many thanks!