Extraordinary delay in accessing web-site

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu May 2 10:00:52 UTC 2013

Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 04/29/13 03:30, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> I have a Linksys WVC54GCA camera in a remote site,
>> which I access at http://xyz.com:8080 on one of my Fedora-18 laptops.
>>
>> For some reason there is now a delay of an hour or so
>> in getting the image on my laptop.

> Does it matter where your laptop is?  If you go to your local coffee shop
> and use their Wifi do you also have the problem?

Thanks very much for your advice.
I found there was the same delay with the laptop in an internet cafe.
I've also found I have the same problem with my Android phone
(Samsung Galaxy S2, Android version 4.0.4).
But I don't have the problem on my CentOS-6.4 server, or on Windows XP.

> Have you tried using WireShark or another network tool to see if you're
> getting data from the remote site and/or getting dropped or re-transmitted
> frames.

I've forgotten how to use wireshark -
I'll look for a tutorial and try what you suggest.

Looking at another thread, I was wondering if the problem
could be something to do with ipv6.
I think that is disabled on my laptop, but I'll check it.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net