Two HDs

les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Thu May 2 20:45:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 10:36 +0800, Harish Pillay wrote:
> Bill -
>
> > Dear Harish:
> >
> > They are internal SATA drives.
>
> I am assuming your system has something like what is shown in
> this [0]. And that there is already a cable connecting the drive to
> the board. Then there is nothing else to do except to check within
> your BIOS to see if the drive is enabled as well.
>
> [0] http://s32.photobucket.com/user/KKilme/media/Resources/sata-on-mb-empty.jpg.html
> [0] http://wiki.pcworld.com/index.php/Installing_SATA_hard_drives
>
> Harish

I don't know if it affects F18, but when I put my wife on F17 with two
SATA drives, it turned out that there was some kind of RAID built into
the board.  If I plugged the second drive into one port, it was seen as
the second drive of the raid.  Plugging into a different one, it was
picked up as a real second drive.  This is also one of those UEFI mother
boards.

Boy did I long for the good old days of cable selection and master/slave
settings.  Documentation seems gone, and Video's do not give you time to
re-read and compare different views easily.  This motherboard came with
a video, but it only illustrated a simple setup with one hard drive and
Windows.

Sorry, I do not remember the mobo mfr or the model.  I'll get it when
she comes back this evening, just in case that helps.

Regards,
Les H