Expectation of privacy

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 3 09:10:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 15:04 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> do think it's a worthy topic, I'm just not sure that the Fedora list
> is the place for it since it has really nothing specifically to do
> with Fedora, or indeed with Linux, or operating systems, or software
> or computers, but with policies on the Internet.

Other than to, perhaps, bring it to the attention of those that don't
read the guidelines that you really shouldn't do such a thing, and it
won't be particularly accepted by the list participants.

Though, having said that, it has been my policy that if someone from a
mailing list sent me a cowardly private nastygram, I would reply back to
the list.  They rarely ever did that to me more than once, after that.

These days, I write to the list using an email address that has a
auto-deleting in-box.  I'll *only* get to see messages that went through
the list.

Seriously, don't write things that you wouldn't want others to see.
Whether that be nasty stuff, or just making a fool of yourself.  All
you're doing is producing evidence.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686