Extraordinary delay in accessing web-site

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 3 17:10:20 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 03 May 2013, Timothy Murphy sent:
> http://79.19.132.143:8080

Browsing through an ADSL2+ modem/router (around 8 Mb/s) that does NAT
for the computers on the 100 Mb/s LAN...

Using current version of Google Chrome:
Few seconds to load the initial page.
Quite a few seconds to load the second page, however no video loads up,
during the reasonable amount of time that I waited to get some response.

Similar with current version of Firefox (under ten seconds to get a page
up, no video loads up).  Firefox has the endless rotating circle showing
that it's supposedly transferring data, but there's no evidence of
anything coming through, even after waiting a few minutes.

Likewise, with the Opera web browser, and I've run out of things to try.

I do have Flash player installed, and working with YouTube, etc.  So if
that's what it wants, it's not failing because it's missing.

Quickly looking at the page source code shows that it's one of those
JavaScript run services.  I never hold them in high regard, there's
nearly always something badly implemented.  Considering its use of
windows-1252 character encoding for the pages, it's probably yet another
of those only-designed-for-windows products, possibly only with MSIE,
anything else being just lucky if it works.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.8-100.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Apr 17 17:15:40 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.