UEFI Notebook

Len Philpot len at philpot.org
Thu May 9 23:04:31 UTC 2013

On 05/09/2013 at 04:45 PM, Phil Meyer <pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com> wrote:
>There is a CAVEAT to booting EFI media.  Most EFI will REQUIRE that the
>media be installed at power up before it will enable it.
>
>Try forcing a non boot with F2, F8, F11 or whatever, insert the EFI
>enabled media, power off, power on, and it should install just fine.

FWIW, did that. If booting from the EFI DVD device, grub would appear but
after selecting install the DVD would spin down. If booting from an EFI USB
stick, grub would appear, but despite what I read about booting a USB stick
and then running anaconda on the DVD, I was never able to accomplish that.
It's academic now - The EFI partition is gone and I'm installed/running in
legacy mode.

--
Len Philpot
len at philpot.org