Restricting browsers to only listed websites

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri May 10 16:18:09 UTC 2013

Am 10.05.2013 18:09, schrieb Frank Murphy:
> On Thu, 9 May 2013 14:11:04 +0000
> davidschaak1 at mobilicity.blackberry.com wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to allow a machine on the network to only access a
>> small list of websites?
>
> in the machine you want limited. Use Opendns as the dns servers.
> https://www.opendns.com/

after we moved a server to a new location, prepared the change
hours ago by lower the TTL from 1 hour to 5 minutes and find out
that openDNS was one of few dns-servers which answered with the
old IP *some months* later i would not recommend anybody using
it because such things *must not happen - never*

-------- Original-Nachricht --------