Rant of the day: Insane dependencies for liveusb-creator

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun May 12 04:06:40 UTC 2013

On 05/12/2013 12:01 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> Unless my memory's wrong, I found it several months ago, verified it
> with others on the fedorafourm and we all dealt with it.  I'm guessing
> that it got fixed because at least one of the people who were involved
> in that thread found that (at that time) it was still an issue in
> Rawhide and got it fixed.  In fact, now that I think about it, one of
> them queried the maintainer for PackageKit and was told that
> preupgrade was needed to check for upgrades so that might be where the
> word was passed on.  I found it by accident, when I tried to remove
> preupgrade because there didn't seem to be any reason to have it
> installed if it's been replaced by fedup.

Yeah.  I sometimes find long threads in the forum about people talking
about some bug and file it myself or just fix it if it is a trivial
issue or something that I can manage but it is much nicer if atleast one
of the participants in such threads files a bug report and posts a link
so that we have a way to keep track of such issues in a more efficient way.

Rahul