F-18 nfs in /etc/fstab & autofs mount

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon May 13 07:01:31 UTC 2013

On 05/13/13 14:41, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Mon, 13 May 2013 05:26:52 +0800
> Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, have you tried removing no_root_squash and re-exporting?
>>
> Same [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/cache/yum/18'
>
> I know shared yum cache, but it's a pet project.

Oh, I see now.....   I had a difficult time to grok what you're getting at since I didn't make a connection with what you are trying to do.

Looks like you're trying to share yum data between and of course you'd need root access from both system.

I generally do don't that.  I'm not a fan of no_root_squash since I've screwed up before with that.  I also haven't played with sharing yum data between systems.  Haven't had a pressing need.

Not sure why it would have failed before.  It could be an issue with selinux since, AFAIK, contexts don't survive....  For example....

On the host....

egreshko at misty ~]$ ls -Z NEC_2003_Any.dat
-rw-rw-r--  egreshko egreshko user_u:object_r:file_t           NEC_2003_Any.dat

while on the client....

[egreshko at meimei misty]$ ls -Z NEC_2003_Any.dat
-rw-rw-r--. egreshko egreshko system_u:object_r:nfs_t:s0       NEC_2003_Any.dat

[egreshko at meimei x86_64]$ pwd
/var/cache/yum/x86_64
[egreshko at meimei x86_64]$ ls -Z
drwxr-xr-x. root root system_u:object_r:rpm_var_cache_t:s0 18

may play into it.....

Maybe it is a good idea to outline what you're trying to do and someone who has done it before will be able to help.

(FWIW, you could try "setenforce 0" on the client to see if that allows things to proceed.)

--
The only thing worse than a poorly asked question is a cryptic answer.