f17 printing stalls

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon May 13 18:38:00 UTC 2013

On 05/13/2013 11:18 AM, jackson byers wrote:
> if I reboot to my old f16, printing works continually.

 From what you wrote, you upgraded from F 16 to 17, so there's no "old
f16" to boot into.  I presume that what you meant is that you boot using
the last F 16 kernel installed.  If so, that suggests that something in
the new kernel is causing the difficulty.

Try this: boot into the newer kernel, print a test page, then look at
the most recent entries in /var/log/cups/error_log.  Try to print again
and check again.  You might find something there that points in the
right direction.