suggestions for linux laptop

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Wed May 15 21:55:03 UTC 2013

On Wed, 15 May 2013, Suvayu Ali wrote:

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:13:46AM -0400, Digimer wrote:
>> On 05/15/2013 12:05 AM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>>> I am looking for a new laptop running Fedora. A real workhorse but
>>> hopefully not very heavy. Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Btw, what is the highest vertical resolution I can get? I used to have
>>> a Dell with 1200 some time ago, but can't seem to locate any now. Btw,
>>> does anyone know anything about the Samsung laptop with 1440 vertical
>>> resolution?

I'm late to the party. Do you need something new or are you ok w/
something off-lease and refurbished?

The http://www.pugetsystems.com/ systems seemed a little pricy.

I wait and watch for what shows up on this sight:
http://www.systime.com/

I bought a Dell Latitude D630 w/ a dual-core, 4GB of RAM, and upgraded to
a 500GB HD with no OS installed. Maybe there's something there to fit your
needs and pocketbook.

fyi,

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com