A Software Center for Fedora?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat May 18 02:23:43 UTC 2013

On Fri, 17 May 2013 20:45:24 -0500
Anthony wrote:

> One of the things I really like about Ubuntu is the concept behind the
> software center. Canonical has poorly implemented it but the idea
> behind it is pretty solid.

One of the things I find unacceptably stoopid about Ubuntu is
the software center :-). It is so bad in the latest 13.04
that ubuntu has essentially become unusable.

I wanted to install the ssh server in an ubuntu virtual machine at work.
Typing "ssh" in the search field gives me books about ssh from amazon,
a few GUI tools that presumably use ssh somehow (though it certainly
didn't seem relevant from the information provided), but no choice to
install the dadgum ssh server on the system.

I wouldn't mention ubuntu as even a bad example of a potentially
good idea :-).