problem with NTFS file system

Adel ESSAFI adelessafi at gmail.com
Sun May 19 11:06:46 UTC 2013

Hello,
I am using a linux machine with dual boot : Windows XP and Feodra 17.

today, when trying to boot on windows, I get an erreor message saying that
it does not recognise the windows partition :(

when trying to fix that with ntfs tools ont linux :  I get this outpout
[root at localhost ~]# ntfsfix /dev/sda1
Mounting volume... ntfs_attr_pread_i: ntfs_pread failed: Input/output error
Failed to read of MFT, mft=6 count=1 br=-1: Input/output error
Failed to open inode FILE_Bitmap: Input/output error
FAILED
Attempting to correct errors...
Processing $MFT and $MFTMirr...
Reading $MFT... OK
Reading $MFTMirr... OK
Comparing $MFTMirr to $MFT... OK
Processing of $MFT and $MFTMirr completed successfully.
Setting required flags on partition... OK
Going to empty the journal ($LogFile)... OK
ntfs_attr_pread_i: ntfs_pread failed: Input/output error
Failed to read of MFT, mft=6 count=1 br=-1: Input/output error
Failed to open inode FILE_Bitmap: Input/output error
Remount failed: Input/output error
[root at localhost ~]#

Are there more  tools to fix that?
can you give me some other tools?