F19 boot hangs on sendmail

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Thu Oct 3 21:17:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 13:03:52 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:

> Every time I've seen sendmail hang it was because localhost wasn't
> properly defined in /etc/hosts (127.0.0.1).

	Hmmm.... Contrary to my post, that machine is not accepting ssh;
I get a note saying "no route to host."  Having upgraded with fedup, I
have no medium that I could boot to rescue. Maybe Knoppix, or one of its
ilk, will let me do something....

	Later -- very weird : with a Knoppix 7.0 CD in the drive, the
machine told to boot that, it promptly booted to Fedora!

	I edited /etc/hosts to look like the one on my #1 PC, rebooted,
and got the Knoppix CD out of the drive. It duly booted, by way of Grub
or Grub2, to a login screen, which let me log in.

	Many, many thanks!!
Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.