OT: Upgrading to Newer Laptop

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Oct 6 02:04:12 UTC 2013

On 10/05/2013 06:53 PM, Rolf Turner wrote:

> Well, I just had endless frustration in respect of the WiFi interface
> which was vital to me.
> After a bit of struggle I found an email address that purported to be
> for Linux support
> for Toshiba machines.  I got all excited and sent email to that address,
> and after a couple
> of days got a reply saying no, we don't support Linux.  Which I thought
> was pretty crappy.

I'm sorry to read about your issues.  I've had a Toshiba laptop for
several years now, running Fedora and the WiFi Just Works.  (The only
problem I've had with it is that when I first got the laptop, I didn't
know that the WiFi card has its own on/off switch.  Once I turned it on,
all went well.)  Toshiba does have a mailing list for Linux users, at
http://linux.toshiba-dme.co.jp/mailman/listinfo/tlinux-users but be
warned: most of the members use one flavor or another of Ubuntu, so you
may have to translate any advice they give into something more
appropriate for Fedora.