F18: Mate menu categorizer available?

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Sun Oct 6 21:49:01 UTC 2013

On 10/06/2013 01:07 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Dan Thurman wrote:
>
>> Since I am using the MATE desktop, I have yet to find
>> the package that recategorized the desktop menus such
>> as Electronics, Games, and so on.
> pkg names include:
>
> electronics-menu
> games-menus
>
> among others ('yum search menu' shows lots of candidates)
>
> -- rex

Thanks for helping!

I tried those packages, removed and reinstalled and these
packages do not seem to work which led me to believe they
were not the packages I was looking for...  specifically, Games
as it is has only one sub-category - it is flat with a very long
list, but the menu package I am looking for has 2nd level
sub-categories with names such as Action, Logic... and likewise
with Electronics.  I compared F18 against F13 installs and I am
led to think that there might be a newer version of games menu
that came later and from what I remember it was not that easy
to find even with a search for "menu", and perhaps the newer
versions were not carried over into Gnome 3 as well as MATE or
MATE dropped this package I am looking for?

I wonder who I need to contact to resolve this question,
Fedora, Gnome, or MATE?