vsftpd and create a directory

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 7 10:36:03 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 07 October 2013, Rafnews sent:
> - ftp root is /var/www/html
> in this directory i have several other directories like /joomla,
> /magento etc... in existing directories, i can easily create new
> subdirectories and files.
>
> however, under the ftp root so under /var/www/html i'm not able to
> create a new directory.
> i check the user it is the same as the other directories owner
> (/joomla, /magento, ..)
>
> so what am i doing wrong ?

My guess would be that you have too-slack permissions on the ones that
you can make directories (as it seems all too many people give things
like joomla unlimited rights to do things / stuff things up).  But you
haven't given us enough information.

The output from "ls -l" on directories that you can and can't create
directories in, would help.  Start off with:  ls -l /var/www

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.