jaaa not working

Carlos "casep" Sepulveda casep at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 7 20:23:25 UTC 2013

On 7 October 2013 16:49, Les Howell <hlhowell at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>         I have installed JAAA, which should be an audio spectrum analyzer
> package.  When I click on it, it doesn't open.  No error message,
> nothing to indicate anything abnormal.  Where would I look to figure out
> what kind of error is being generated?

Hi:
By default the .desktop created invokes jaaa -J  (Jack)**
I modified it to use Alsa (just edit the .desktop file and replace -J
with -A) instead and it worked OK on my F19.
Running directly from a terminal will give you a good idea aobut
what's wrong, if any.

Regards

** $ cat /usr/share/applications/jaaa.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Jaaa
Comment=JACK and ALSA Audio Analyser
Icon=jaaa
Type=Application
Categories=Application;AudioVideo;Audio;X-Jack;X-Audio_Tools;
Exec=jaaa -J
Terminal=false
Encoding=UTF-8
X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.21