dl-604 as a switch/hub

bruce badouglas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 19:47:21 UTC 2013

hey kevin.

thanks for the reply.

on the dlink/dl-604 - I'm not using the wan port at all.

I have all cables connected via the lan ports. And for my setup, this
isn't a home dsl/cable issue. This is enterprise, but the main eth is
fed to one of the lan ports. The netmask for the static IP of the
device is 255.255.255.0 which is correct.

but here's the weird thing.. I unplugged the device for 10-15 mins..
and then turned it back on with everything plugged back in.. ran nmap
from another box and after a few mins.. the dells from the 604
were/are working.. I've shut everything down, powered back up as a
quick check.. and everything is running as expected..

the 192.168.5.254 gateway address is what i get when i do a "route
-nee" from one of the current machines on the network. so this should
be ok for the 604 as well.

thanks