Sometimes I need to kill java

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 11:30:25 UTC 2013

On 11 October 2013 12:10, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> F20 but general question.
>
> I test both upstream and Fedora Azureus (Vuze)
> use openjdk for both.
>
> I created an azvuze.service
> to automate restarts (during the night)
>
> Sometimes openjdk stays, sometimes crashes out.
> If it stays, it prevents restart.
> by either service file, manually typing # azureus.
>
> How can I automate "killall -SIGHUP java",
> only when azureus || vuze is refusing to start with:
> journalctl | grep azureus
>  StartSocket: passing startup args to already-running Azureus java
> process listening on [127.0.0.1: NNNN]
> azureus[2297]: StartServer ERROR: unable to bind to 127.0.0.1:NNNN

For example:
journalctl | grep azureus | grep "ERROR: unable to bind" > /dev/null
&& killall -SIGHUP java

More elegant to be able to detect this failure at the attempt to start
the azureus client, do the kill and then retry the start (while
checking for loops). But that mightn't be possible depending on how it
reacts to your attempt to restart it.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk