Bill Oliver's essay on "just follow instructions".

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Oct 11 22:10:18 UTC 2013

I am referring to Bill Oliver's essay that appeared under the "Fedora =
"the darker
side of the Internet?"" thread, just recently.

I just wanted to say how wonderfully well-expressed this essay was.  It
is widely
applicable and should be required reading for "gurus" in ever-so-many areas.
(There are many contributors to the R-help mailing list to which I subscribe
who would benefit from taking this essay to heart.)

I hope that Harald Reindl reads it and takes it to heart.  I have no
patience
with those on this list who slang off at Harald.  He is a brilliant guy
and provides
a great service to the Fedora community.  But he would be even more
useful to
the community if he absorbed Bill Oliver's advice.

cheers,

Rolf Turner