Different results with Fedora 19 and older nvidia card

Carlos "casep" Sepulveda casep at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 14 17:08:36 UTC 2013

On 14 October 2013 02:35, Michael D. Setzer II <mikes at kuentos.guam.net> wrote:
> The machine has a nvidia geforce FX 5200 card, which I know is
> old, but that is what my classroom has in all 20 machines. So, not
> just a matter of getting a different card. Long ago was using the
> nvidia driver from there site, but they dropped support for the
> older cards, so had to switch to the nouvea driver.

Hi:
What about "xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-173xx"

Name        : xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-173xx
Arch        : i686
Version     : 173.14.38
Release     : 1.fc19
Size        : 2.2 M
Repo        : rpmfusion-nonfree-updates/19/i386
Summary     : NVIDIA's 173xx serie proprietary display driver for
NVIDIA graphic cards
URL         : http://www.nvidia.com/
Licence     : Redistributable, no modification permitted
Description : This package provides the legacy NVIDIA display driver
of the 173xx serie
            : which allows for hardware accelerated rendering with
NVIDIA chipsets
            : Legacy releases for GeForce 5 series GPUs.

This one is available on the rpmfusion.org site.

Kind Regards
--
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"