"Copy To" & "Move To" options missing in Dolphin & Konqueror (Workaround)

Steven P. Ulrick meow8282 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 00:24:16 UTC 2013

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 19:09:45 -0500
"Steven P. Ulrick" <meow8282 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone
> I recently moved my old ~/.kde directory out of the way because of
> issues that I was having.  Those problems are now fixed :)  But I just
> noticed that the "Copy To" & "Move To" options are not in the right
> click context menus anymore.  I can't even find where to configure
> it...  I should say that the options to configure that are no longer
> where they USED to be...
>
> Any help you can give me on getting this feature back is greatly
> appreciated.

Well, I still don't know where the configuration settings for this is
located, but a quick perusal of my backup of my old dolphinrc file
showed this under the "[General]" section:

ShowCopyMoveMenu=true

Copying that backup of dolphinrc over to
"~/.kde/share/config/dolphinrc" works perfectly.  I even get the
desired menus back in Konqueror.  (When I temporarily removed that line
as a test, the desired menus disappeared.  When I put that line back
in, they re-appeared.)

If that feature has been permanently removed from KDE, I sure hope that
this workaround continues to work.

Steven P. Ulrick