F19 --> F18 feasible?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Wed Oct 16 20:13:46 UTC 2013

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:39:05 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 10/16/2013 08:22 AM, beartooth at comcast.net wrote:
>>
>> I rebooted, hoping for a login screen. No such luck.  I tried typing
>> xfce and enter, and xfce4 and enter, and finally startx, for lack of
>> any other idea; they all failed.
>
>  From a CLI:
>
> startxfce4

	Aha! I tried that, first as root over ssh, and got screensful of
error messages; hit ^C, and tried it as userid (still over ssh); got more
errors. So I rebooted.

	The monitor on the T30  showed (and still shows) normal-looking
boot messages as far as one saying "Started Install ABRT coredump hook,"
marked OK, but no further. I.e., it offers no login screen.

	So I tried startxfce4 again as userid over ssh -Y, and got more
errors. :-(

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.