Oracle says open source has no place in military apps

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 23:23:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Jim <binarynut at comcast.net> wrote:

> Oracle just won't quit.

Hopefully they wont. I rely on Virtualbox and BTRFS and other Oracle funded
projects like OpenJDK.

> Oracle is the one that charged ObamaCare $600 milion to setup a Website.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/**2013/10/15/oracle_says_open_**
> source_has_no_place_in_**military_apps/<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/15/oracle_says_open_source_has_no_place_in_military_apps/>

Quoting from the same article "Overall, the paper is decently balanced,
raising real risks associated with software development even if its tone,
narrative and a section recounting problems with an open-source-based
health records program open source all suggest strongly that development
based on open source software is a silly idea for the DoD to contemplate."

And then pours some fuel by saying "The paper also contains more than a few
passages *The Reg* imagines might lead open source advocates to take issue."

Name me JUST ONE article from ElReg that praises Oracle for something, like
their investment in the Linux kernel, btrfs, OpenJDK, Netbeans, Glassfish
or MySql 5.7... my guess is you wont fine any.

Move along, nothing to see here...
FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell