old disk in new system

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Thu Oct 17 17:00:42 UTC 2013

| From: Randolph Jones <jonesrf1 at qwest.net>

| I have 1tb disk with bootable fc14 installed as second disk in new box
| with fc19 xfce spin installed in 320gb disk.

Sounds reasonable.

Did you shut down the fc14 system cleanly last time you booted?
Perhaps an fsck is needed.

| fc19 sees the old disk and mounts as nonblock device.

Can you explain further?  Normally only block devices can be mounted.

| I want to convert the 1tb disk so I can use the data from fc19

It should not be a problem, according to my understanding of the
world.  My understanding is incomplete: I don't deeply understand
SELinux labelling.  Do you think that this is an SELinux issue?

| is there any way to mount this disk without losing all the data?

Surely.