how to start scanner as mortal user

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri Oct 18 01:39:24 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have an old HP PSC2410 scanner/fax/printer which I have managed to get
started all right upon installing hplip hpijs libsane-hpaio hplip-libs
hplip-common (some may be superfluous) and using the text-based
interactive setup. I also installed xsane.

I am most interested in the scanner: I managed to get this working
just fine, but only under root (sudo xsane). Is there a way to get this
started as a mortal user (little me)?

Many thanks,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use