Evolution - keeps losing mail filters

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 18 05:53:47 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-17 at 23:58 +0100, John Horne wrote:
> suddenly 'lost' all my incoming mail filters. I have no
> idea why it happens, all I see is a yellow banner saying:
>
>    Mail filters automatically updated.
>    The filter rule "Xymon" has been modified to account for the
>    deleted folder "Xymon".
>
> The folder name (here 'Xymon') changes for each of the filters I have.
> The filters actually still exist, but they now do nothing.

Not that I have the answer, but to help you (and others) narrow it down:
Are these local folders, or remote folders (e.g. on an IMAP server, or
over NFS)?

If they're remote, perhaps it doesn't wait long enough to find them,
before declaring them deleted.

I gave up on using filters with evolution, long ago.  But for a
different reason - it was painfully slow at filtering mail if I had
anything more than about three filters set up.  And yes, each filter was
set up to end the filtering as soon as a match happened, so each mail
doesn't go through every filter rule.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686