Fedora = "the darker side of the Internet?"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Oct 18 18:00:32 UTC 2013

Am 18.10.2013 19:56, schrieb Bill Davidsen:
> Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> I think you all missed their point about wanting an install that has a
>>> longer lifespan. They're jumping ship from Debian, and avoiding Red Hat
>>> derived distros, because they all change versions too often, and abandon
>>> prior releases too quickly for them.  I understand how they feel.
>>
>> that must be why RHEL/CentOS has a lifespan of 10 years
>>
>>> Yes, CentOS, et cetera, have long life span versions, too.  But I
>>> haven't compared the length of theirs to the long term Ubuntu one.
>>
>> they also did not
>>
>> otherwise they would not write bullshit like they are happy
>> about 5 years support while Redhat has 10 years and a
>> extended support of 13 years
>>
>> https://www.google.at/search?q=rhel+lifecycle and click on the first link
>> https://access.redhat.com/site/support/policy/updates/errata/
>>
>> no idea why people who can't use Google all the time spread FUD
>>
>>> if you already came from a Debian background, Ubuntu is a closer move
>>> than a Red Hat styled release.
>>
>> which has *nothing* to do with "the darker side of the Internet"
>> it's a matter of expierience and qualification
>>
> There are a lot of people who don't want "experience and qualifications," they want to use the computer. I really
> find Mint is the ideal OS for them, rather than Fedora.

people who are not interested in experience and qualifications are *not* forced to
use a distribution with 2 major upgrades each year and i always wonder if poeple
(like you stating you have still running FC6 and FC13 somewhere) are spent one
minute to thunk what they are doing *before* they install whatever OS