F19 --> F18 feasible?

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Oct 20 16:04:27 UTC 2013

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 18:00:11 +0200, Suvayu Ali wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 05:04:26PM +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>> 	Is there a FedDown lurking out
>> there somewhere?
>
> You can always try `yum --releasever=18 distro-sync'.  But it goes
> without saying, there are no guarantees whatsover.

	Well, I ran it once, and it gave me a lot of errors, then
suggested the usual rpm command and the --skipbroken command. I ran the
rpm command, then "yum clean all" for good measure; then I arrowed up to
the command above, and added --skipbroken to it.

	Next time I looked, it was racing through its items faster than
I've ever seen it do, on and on, and on. I fact, it's still doing it. If
anyone had told me all this fifty years ago, I wouldn't've believed a
word of it.

	I think, assuming this succeeds, that it's time to go through the
lists in yumex or packagekit, looking for things I know I never use, and
uninstalling them on general principles.

	MUCH LATER (in fact, next day): I left it still running when I
went to bed. This morning it had stopped, saying that it had been killed,
but not when nor why. I restarted it, and it's still running.

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.