F18: Bind-chroot & Dovecot mount errors, how to fix?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 10:15:05 UTC 2013

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 16:30:19 +1030
Tim wrote:

> Since Fedora likes to put removeable media into /var/run/username/media
> you might encounter that problem again, unless you put /var/run into its
> ignore database.

It is worse than that. It apparently doesn't store the
ignored info anywhere, because if a mountpoint appears
again then disappears again, it will warn you again
no matter what you might have told it previously.

This appears to be another case of butt-headed developers
since lots of users have asked for a way to eradicate
this "feature" but the requests are always rejected
as "user is wrong".

I think I put in a syslog rule to just filter out all the
messages since there is no practical way to make them
stop.