Can yum resume??

David dgboles at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 01:10:32 UTC 2013

On 10/23/2013 3:22 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 10/23/2013 08:44 AM, David wrote:
>> As I said to Joe... Some users are that. Users. Not everyone wants to be
>> the repairman. Or the student.
>
> And, to repeat myself, I never said that J. Random User should do what I
> did.
>
> Now, I have a question: what made you think that I thought that regular
> users should have to spend the time to recover from a bad upgrade
> instead of reinstalling?

You are in this thread where almost everyone is telling this older
gentleman all of these cryptic, CLI, commands. Blasting him with 'this
command' and 'that command' that he has already said that he has a
problems with understanding and typing. It's normally called "solving a
problem with a shotgun".

Not saying that you did ... but I have always had a problem with advice
that starts out with "try this" and ends with "it might work".  :-)

And as *I* said it takes me 15-20 minutes to download the DVD and maybe
20-30 minutes to format and install it. And yes it does take some time
to reconfigure 'things' to get everything back.

The OP said 'since Sept 23. That is 28-29 days. What do you think?
minutes? Or days?
--

  David