mouse track-pad

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Sat Oct 26 17:31:14 UTC 2013

On 10/26/13 13:16, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 10/26/2013 07:00 PM, mark wrote:
>> On 10/25/13 13:47, Richard Vickery wrote:
>>> Hi Gang:
>>>
>>> The mouse doesn't work work on new Acer; any ideas on how I can find it?
>>> Apparently Fedora knows that the pad exists, but it is rendered useless
>>> right now.
>>>
>> What version of FC?
>>
> I dont't know which issues the OP is having, but I occasionally am facing
> "mouse is after reboot" with both FC19 and F20 on an older netbook.
> Rebooting a couple of times seems to help.
>
> I could be wrong, but I am inclined to be believe these situations seem to
> occur after kernel updates.

Well, I just joined this list a few days ago, and will be leaving. I'd
joined, because we have three folks at work on fedora, and one, I'd updated
Mon? Tues? and rebooted... and that was all she wrote. No X, at all. After
fighting for a day and a half, with his ATI FirePro (xinit would open a
window, with no text/font at all, a black screen otherwise), we gave up on
that, and replaced it with an older NVidia card from '04, and after trying a
number of different drivers, none of which worked, I finally got the 304
legacy one, and *that* was broken - I had to run depmod myself, manually,
because until I did, modprobe couldn't find it - and the absolute best I
could do was start it from init 3 with startx, and *that* came up... but
runlevel 5 refused anything but a black screen.

So he needed a Linux box, and it took me 1.25 hrs to pxeboot him to a CentOS
6, which came up *perfectly*, no video issues at all. After three days of
fighting bleeding edge fc19.

*shrug*

See y'all around.

	mark, sr. Unix/Linux sysadmin