Firefox - gedit is the best!

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Mon Oct 28 20:30:35 UTC 2013

On 28.10.2013 16:35, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
>> Why, Firefox on Fedora 19 wants to open all different sort of files of
>> well known types with gedit? It's ridiculous that torrent files, zip and
>> gz archives and even doc file are suggested to be opened with gedit.
>>
>> Creating new FF profile doesn't resolve this issue. Is it that hard to
>> recognize file type and open it with correct application?
>>
>> Now, you can slaughter me but Firefox on Windows suggests apps correctly
>> so it's more likely Fedora related bug.
>>
>> Any way to fix it?
>
> Open Firefox Preferences. Click on "Applications".

Is it the best you can do? If you don't know how to help, please don't
write such useless responses.

Part of my FF config regarding file associacion is genuine and was never
modified. I know I can change this or that, but appropriate entries are
there ane still don't work correctly.

It happens only for some servers and files so I guess it might be
related to wrong headres but I'm not sure.

Mateusz Marzantowicz