Firefox - gedit is the best!

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Oct 28 22:22:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:

> I don't know it is a correct design in that case. FF doesn't check file
> content and only trusts that HTTP headers are set correctly. But it is
> FF and not Fedora issue anymore.

Sometimes that is what one wants, e.g. an HTML or postscript file.
Either could be regarded as plain text or as something to process.
That is what the HTTP headers are for.

What annoys me are text files labeled binary/application.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily