Installing NVIDIA Driver on Lenovo ThinkPad T430

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 20:24:56 UTC 2013

     Hello,

  I'm having some problems with using dual monitors on my Lenovo ThinkPad
T430 with Fedora 19 and KDE and want to see if installing the manufacturer
provided driver helps. This laptop has two GPUs:

   - Intel Integrated HD Graphics
   - Discrete NVIDIA NVS 5400M (1 GB VRAM) with Optimus Technology

  So I want to install the driver provided by NVIDIA for 64-bit Linux.

  I tried
http://forums.if-not-true-then-false.com/index.php/topic,595.0.html

  where step 5d caused some warning or error I did not understand and step
5e failed saying you can not install the kernel module except on top of a
driver configuration.

  I have:

[oruebenacker at localhost ~]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 3.11.6-200.fc19.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Oct 18
22:34:18 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  Any advice? Thanks!

     Best,
     Oliver

--