[OT] Open Source monitoring tools

David Beveridge bevhost at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 00:11:49 UTC 2013

If you want to monitor Linux or Windows hosts, you can use munin
Has plugins for all sorts of stuff, like SQL servers, Mail servers etc too.

yum install munin-node on the machine to monitor
or
yum install munin on the master box.

I use a Windows Group Policy to deploy a munin.MSI install on all our
windows workstations.

It can monitor SNMP devices like routers as well, just takes a bit
more tinkering.