twm: icons size

Bob Marcan bob.marcan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 15:34:52 UTC 2013

On Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:37:31 +0400
Hiisi <hiisi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Dear list!
> I'm using twm on Fedora 19. Everything is perfect except that I don't like
> the size of icons on desktop. I.e. when application is minimized a tab
> appeared on the screen. And for most applications it look awful:
> http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7089/77bf.png
> icons are too big :-(
> How do I change the size of icons?
> TIA

http://www.x.org/archive/X11R6.8.1/doc/twm.1.htmlIcons
{ win-list }
    This variable specifies a list of window names and the bitmap filenames that should be used as their icons. For example:

    Icons
    {
        "XTerm"    "xterm.icon"
        "xfd"        "xfd_icon"
    }

    Windows that match ``XTerm'' and would not be iconified by unmapping, and would try to use the icon bitmap in the file ``xterm.icon''. If ForceIcons is specified, this bitmap will be used even if the client has requested its own icon pixmap.

I'm advise you to try the fvwm as a lightweigth WM.

This is an excerpt from my  ~/fvwm/config
ImagePath $HOME/icons:+:$HOME/icons/Background;png
ImagePath +:/usr/share/pixmaps;png:
ImagePath +:/usr/share/icons;png
ImagePath +:/usr/share/icons/gnome/32x32/apps
ImagePath +:/usr/share/icons/locolor/32x32/apps
ImagePath +:/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps
Style *FileRunner*       Icon fr.xpm
Style mxterm             Icon Dtterm.xpm, IconOverride

BR, Bob